Hey Bloggers, I haven’t uploaded in a while now but here is a list of tips for learning a new language that I have come up with within my first 3 months.
- When listening to an audio lesson, answer the questions in the pauses.
- After a few times don’t look at the answers anymore.
- Make sure that you imitate the pronunciation of the speaker.
- When participating in an online course or an audio lesson, repeat the lesson until you can answer the questions easily.
- SPEAK, SPEAK, SPEAK!!!
- Learn new words every day, when learning a new language, you don’t stop learning. Stay motivated.
- Keep practicing in your head, and start conversations as this will also help your speaking skills.
- The first 100 words of any language account for 50% of all spoken communication. The most common 1000 words account for 80% of all spoken communication. The most common 3000 words account for 99% of communication. (This is just a reminder to keep learning new words).
- When you learn a new word, try to use it at least 3 times that day to make it stick.
- Set goals, although don’t be too hard on yourself and remember it is okay to make mistakes and take your time.
This is just a short blog, but I will be back soon with an update from my Frulings Ferien.